By Will Thomas
All cell and portable phones ought to come with this ironclad money-back guarantee:
Brain damage is absolutely guaranteed every time you make a call on a cell or portable phone. After two minutes of cell phone exposure, your blood-brain barrier will fail, allowing proteins to enter your skull and cause nerve damage. Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease are linked to distorted proteins found in brains after cell and portable phone exposure. Headaches are a sign of a serious blood-brain barrier breach. So is fatigue. Constant tiredness is probably single most common cell phone “user” complaint. [Electronics Australia Magazine Feb/00]
Changes in blood-brain barrier last for up to five hours after each exposure.
Brain damage is cumulative over repeated exposures. Premature aging is guaranteed. This too, is cumulative. Hearing loss is guaranteed after just 12 months for people who use their phones for more than 60 minutes a day. (Two years for 30 minutes a day.) And cell phone-savvy doctors are saying that early Onset Alzheimer’s is going to decimate the current Generation X-Rayed screen-heads before they are 30 years old. [entnet.org; medicalnewstoday.com Sept 20/07]
Early Onset Alzheimer’s *
Memory loss **
Single and double-strand DNA breaks
GUARANTEED IN CHILDREN/TEENS – PROBABLE IN ADULTS
Lifelong learning, attention & concentration disabilities (ADD, Autism) ***
HIGH RISK IN TEEN AND ADULT DRIVERS
Teens have the highest crash rates in USA – and least sleep. 81% of young people 15 to 20 years of age sleep with their cell phone on. Car crashes leading cause of death for teenagers across United States. “Driving while talking on a cell phone is as bad as or maybe worse than driving drunk.” -New England Journal of Medicine If you put 20-year-old drivers behind wheel with a cell phone, their reaction times same as a 70-year-old driver. “It’s like instant aging,” says the UK chief medical officer. Except older drivers, who compensate with experience.
PROBABLE IN ADULT MALES
PROBABLE IN CHILDREN AND ADULTS – ELECTROHYPERSENSITIVITY
Insomnia, depression, headaches, fatigue, impaired brain function, brain fog, double vision, auditory confusion, skin rash, nausea, muscle weakness, joint illnesses, infections, skin problems, heart and circulation disorders, eye and ear disorders, gastro-intestinal disorders.
PROBABLE IN CHILDREN – ESPECIALLY IF EXPOSED IN WOMB
Autism, allergies, behavioural disorders, learning disorders ******
HIGH RISK IN CHILDREN AND ADULTS
Brain tumours ********
* “Heavy daily cell-phone usage could lead to great incidence of disorders such as Alzheimer’s and cancer.” -Dr. Theodore Litovitz, a biophysicist and professor emeritus of physics at Catholic University in Maryland. [Reuters Apr 23/08; wirelessconsumers.org Dec 3/01]
British medical journal The Lancet announced global Alzheimer’s rates “exploding” – in 2005! [Lancet Dec 17/05]
** “Memory loss is one of the first indications of dementia and is a common side effect of wireless phone use.” [Dr. Henry Lai, Bioelectromagnetics Research Laboratory, University of Washington: paper presented in Italy Nov 21-25/99]
*** Exposure to pulsed microwaves damages long-term learning and memory centers. Those exposed become slow learners.
Only one in three American college grads can read a complex book and extrapolate from it. Overwhelming majority of college students are unable to understand arguments in a newspaper editorial or to comprehend a simple comparison table. Education standards cannot account for plummeting comprehension in adults, as well as high school students. [sciencedaily.com Dec 02/99; “Neurological Effects of Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation” a paper presented by Dr. Henry Lai at the Mobile Phones and Health Symposium, in Vienna, Austria Oct 25-28/98 Washington Post Dec 25/05]
**** After asthma cases increased 25% throughout metropolitan Sydney, and death rates jumped by 5% following complete wireless coverage in that Australian city, a government study found that cell phone radiation “excites” antigens – substances which cause allergies – and stressed the human body. [emf-health.com Dec 23/05]
One in three people can expect to be diagnosed with asthma. [American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine Feb 15/10]
***** Men who have their cell phone on standby throughout the day have about a third less sperm than those who do not. Most of the remaining sperm are incapable of fertilisation. [BBC June 27/04]
Cell phones interfere with sperm viability, motility, and morphology. The longer a man uses a cell phone the greater the damage to sperm. Wireless laptop computers and now the iPad also emit microwave radiation. These computers are held closer to genitals and are used for longer periods than cell phones.
****** In USA, 1 in every 6 children is now diagnosed with a neurological disorder like Autism. Mercury poisoning from vaccines is also implicated. [Boston Globe July 1/05]
Cell phone-altered brains “could lead to a lack of concentration, memory loss, inability to learn and aggressive behaviour,” warns Dr. Gerald Hyland. This MD does not recommend reducing cell phone exposure. He says, “My advice would be to avoid mobiles.” [Mirror Dec 26/01]
In 29 countries, most children have a cell phone at age 9. [New York Times Mar 12/08]
British children use their mobile phones for up to 45 minutes every day. [Reuters June 29/01]
The “cellular” industry is now focusing on children as young as 5. [New York Times Mar 8/08]
Olle Johansson, Associate Professor of Neuroscience at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, says simply, “Parents should take their children away from that technology.” [Dialling Our Cells by William Thomas]
******* Every 100 hours of mobile phone use raises your odds of contracting brain cancer by another 24%. [Daily Mail June 15/10]
40% across-the-board increase in the number of brain tumors in the past 20 years. [Observer Mar14/99]
People who talk on mobile phones are up to FIVE-TIMES more likely to develop brain tumours than those who stick to landlines. [Daily Mail June 15/10]
We are already experiencing a “brain tumour pandemic” in children since the advent of cell phones and other wireless technologies.
Young people under the age of 20 are 420% more at risk of forming brain tumours, according to a Swedish study conducted by Dr. Lennart Hardell, because of their soft skulls, brain size, cell turnover time – and exposure to wireless radiation. [bclocalnews.com Aug 10/10]
“Because mobile phone RF penetrates deeper into a child’s brain, more brain tissue would be exposed,” warns Dr. Henry Lai.
SIX CELL PHONE TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS
- Do not use a cell phone except in a real emergency.
- Limit calls to 2 minutes or less.
- Limit cell phone use to five minutes per month, max.
- Never use a cell phone while driving. Park your vehicle and get clear of its steel structure, first. Do not use cell phones on buses, trains or planes.
- Never use a cell phone near small children.
- Pregnant women should avoid cell phones, portable phones and other wireless devices in home and office –and cell phone towers.
EIGHT THINGS YOU CAN DO TO REDUCE EMF EXPOSURE
- Do not live within two miles (five kilometers) from a cell phone tower. Get the tower removed. Or move.
- Avoid using wireless routers and portable phones.
- In your home, unplug all electrical appliances when not in use. (Switching TVs, wired routers and similar devices “off” does not turn them off. Intersecting electrical fields result.)
- Keep your bedroom free of electrical appliances –especially near your head while you sleep. Use a battery-operated alarm clock, never a plug-in clock radio! Unplug lamps when not in use.
- Replace dimmer switches with regular switches to eliminate high-frequency “dirty electricity”. Have your home wiring properly grounded. Even if done to Code, chances are high it is leaking dirty electricity into water pipes and other conductors.
- “Opt out” of your power company’s wireless smart meters. (See “dirty electricity” above.)
- Take the best quality daily vitamin and mineral supplements available to scrub free radicals. Give and receive affection often –hugs are a huge immune booster.
- Take melatonin supplements to replace sharply diminished levels after age 40. Melatonin helps prevent breast cancers and scrubs free radicals in the brain. (Cell phones and wireless radiation destroy melatonin.)
More on cell phones and wireless hazards: